MLQTTL for B&C 15 inch woofer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Gm has asked me to start a new thread for this item, and since this would be a multi way design, I will put it here.

After the success with the Faital 15PR400 transmission line that GM gave me the specs for, I'd like to try another woofer I have on hand and see how it comes out… I have a pair of the B&C 15TBX100 woofers that were intended for a Zingali HM115 clone, but I figured I might explore this enclosure type and see how it would perform. Its of similar spec and mechanically compatible with the Faital, but it is a much heavier cone. The power handling is much higher, as is the Xmax. The sensitivity is still good, at 97 Db, and the Vas is considerably smaller.

Gm has asked me to start a new thread for this item, and since this would be a multi way design, I will put it here.

After the success with the Faital 15PR400 transmission line that GM gave me the specs for, I'd like to try another woofer I have on hand and see how it comes out… I have a pair of the B&C 15TBX100 woofers that were intended for a Zingali HM115 clone, but I figured I might explore this enclosure type and see how it would perform. Its of similar spec and mechanically compatible with the Faital, but it is a much heavier cone. The power handling is much higher, as is the Xmax. The sensitivity is still good, at 97 Db, and the Vas is considerably smaller.

Hi,

I don't now what a MLQTTL is but submitting a (quick,not optimized) HR input screen for an OD-ML-TL= Offset Driver Ma.ss-Loaded Transmission-Line you can use as an template:

b:)

Ps: Ma.ss is= Mass but without the dot not possible to write :D

Attachments

• B&C 15TBX100~100L_OD-ML-TL.JPG
    B&C 15TBX100~100L_OD-ML-TL.JPG
    227 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:

GM

Joined 2003
Anyway, scaling the 72" design and tuned to Fs same as the Faital [unless you changed it] using published specs it looks about the same except with much less bulk and tuned higher, so it should perform in the bass, lower mids ~ the same as the Faital if it's the 72":

Same height, vent area, driver offset:

SO = 36"^2
SL = 240"^2
Lv = 3"

GM

Attachments

• B&C 15TBX100 Metronome.gif
    B&C 15TBX100 Metronome.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
I used the 84 inch line you had suggested, the largest of the volumes, because of the somewhat variable nature of manufacturer's spec sheets. The system plays extremely well. I have yet to finish the cabinets, opting to let the drivers continue to break in, and getting my horn mounting arrangements worked out before committing to paint on the gargantuan transmission lines. So far everyone who has heard them has been favorably impressed, both with my insanity and the performance of the system.

Well, that'll make it easier to fit it in a smaller room, anyways… So the suggested vent is 10" diameter by 3 inches long for this line, then. Maybe it will get built as well- the driver mounting is at the halfway point, or is it 42 inches from the floor like the 84 inch line?

Ah. Maybe I'll make this next one out of something like solid wood. I'm kind of hating the plywood- too easy to damage. Thanks again for the info! These cabs should be just a little more portable than the previous version, which will probably tip the scale in their favor.

Just out of curiosity, if one wanted to use two of these woofers per enclosure, is the line cross section simply doubled?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.