Ideas for Avant Garde Trio Clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The horns are all designed now, I am drawing the molds up on AutoCAD now ready to send off to a place with a 5 axis CNC router.

Does anyone know of an effective way to draw these in AutoCAD using output data?

Thanks,
Ryan

Using output data from what?

Not familiar with using autocad in 3D, but if similar to Solidworks or Unigraphics l would revolve a 2d sketch of the horn. Then to create
the mould subtract the horn from a half solid block.

Lusk is helping me by drawing up the horns in a CAD program for the company that is making the molds for me.

One thing that I am considering adding to the mold, to make it easier is this:
Horn.jpg

The red bit is an addition to the mold, just to make a base a bit stronger for it to sit on. The flaps that are circled are so that the edges of the horn have straight edges, and so I can cut back excess fibreglass back from where no one would see it.

Now what I am wondering is, will this sharp edge be detrimental? As sound will re-radiate from the hard edge. Should I instead round it over? Or just use the sharp edge?

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Del,

I am attempting an Avant Garde Clone, but it is hard to tell a lot of the time how they go about certain things, I sent these off to the CNC place with a roundover in the design.

For your horns, do they look like a radius roundover, or do they follow the equation of the horn function? Once again, hard to tell in pictures.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Gregg,

Not much has been happening with these at the moment, the place that is doing the machining couldn't get the molds done for me in time for when I wanted them done. So I have been working on some other projects in the mean time.

However I have access to machinery at uni now, so I may have some more happening on these soon.

If you ever need a hand lifting, assembling, etc you know where to contact me, I also have my measurement Mic and minidsp now, plus 2 of my 2 channels are complete and I have a PA 8 Channel amp too :)

Ryan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.