silly question...for both groups...zzzz sound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello gentlemen,

I have an underhung 6.5 that is not exactly buzzing, but more like zzzz'ng. It does it at specific frequencies...just those. THe speakers are acoustic zen...d'app. The rest are fine. Im sending them for replacement...but what would cause this? warped coil? I dont feel any touching when pushing evenly down on the cone. Any other ideas?

thanks

I have run into the odd spider that has slightly separated or torn itself from the basket...not always apparent on eyeball examination when compressing driver but reveals itself upon excursion of driver.

Additionally a loose connector tag can create some zzzing against the frame that only manifests itself at certain frequencies...ditto loose connector wires that come into contact with the frame...

Have you tried the driver out of the enclosure and done a frequency sweep or played it raw to see if it still exhibits the zzzzing?

I have run into the odd spider that has slightly separated or torn itself from the basket...not always apparent on eyeball examination when compressing driver but reveals itself upon excursion of driver.

Additionally a loose connector tag can create some zzzing against the frame that only manifests itself at certain frequencies...ditto loose connector wires that come into contact with the frame...

Have you tried the driver out of the enclosure and done a frequency sweep or played it raw to see if it still exhibits the zzzzing?

Yes I have...with no crossover attached and it still did the same thing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.