please help to design 3 way system.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
i am totally new to design a 3way system,so i need you guys help.first of all i budget is less.

now will it be better to use a 10 inch woofer or to use two 6inch woofer,

can a sub woofer be used instead of a woofer or is it better to use one sub and woofedr in parallel.

i have a mid range from dainity it good it is 5 inch.

i need to build a cabined with 2 or 2.5 feet height and may use 2x6inch or 10 inch

one mid and tweeter please suggest which configuration will be better....also please help to design enclosure

i will be going for a passive crossover only....my aim is to build a mini tower sepaher system as show here Page Redirect

but i want to use 6 inch instead,then can i use a subwoofer ,a woofer a mid and tweeter to cover whole freq band.

is it good to go for a closed enclosure....i dont know hoe to tune a vented enclosure ,is there any good softs for that,

i thanks for that techtalk speaker building

what i meant was that the enclosure size will be as mentioned above but the required volume for my driver is much less that the volume already in the enclosure...

is it ok to use that enclosure

Generally no, but if the difference is no more than 10% then there shouldn't be any problem.
But I think the easiest way to solve your problem is to sand fill the bottom of your box until you reach the correct volume.
Ralf

I would recommend building the box according to WinISD. If the box isn't floor-stander sized, add a false section to make it look like a floor stander. In other words, make a floor-stander (the height you want) with the width and depth recommended by WinISD, then add the bottom panel of the speaker at whatever Win ISD calls for.
Win ISD will give you an idea how much bigger you can go beyond the initial recommendation and tell you what the box will be tuned to.
Mike

yes guys this are the drivers that i intend to use...so i want 5.1 system

i have selected these full range for my fronts and rear speakers Iwai Electronics Pvt. Ltd.

and i have selected this woofer for my sub Iwai Electronics Pvt. Ltd.

i need the fronts to be atleast 2ft tall this will give a tower like appearence right?

then what is the normal configuration for mid channel....can you please suggest

should i use a full range as above or a mid range or mid bass ones...please suggest a example driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.