CA18RLY measurements

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
having spent too much time playing music & not listening, last night, with the help of messrs Rammstein, Sabbath, Handel, Cream & Tull with a few bottles of Monteith's Black Beer, gave my CA18RLYs a pounding. measured them this morning, q&d results:
data sheet,#1, #2
Fs 42, 49, 49
Qt, .47, .49,.49
Vas, 32, 34, 27

They seem to be consistent drivers, variation in Vas is probably due to my technique, I find that when I Blutak a coin to the cone, different positions give different results. They're good sounding drivers & destined for a pair of 38L cabs I have lying around, tuned to the mid 40s... they'll be used as .5 helpers with my ER18RNXs for a while, but I think ultimately will make a good 2 way by themselves

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
I'd typically choose to attach the weights to the dustcap edge where it will be the strongest, and close to the voice coil. Coins are good because their official weights are public knowledge, but if you have scales you could try using only blu-tak as it is less likely to detach on its own.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.