Need help with matching MarkAudio Alpair 7 gen 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all, I have a goofy idea and would like to ask the group a few questions. I am looking at using Mark Audio Alpair 7 gen 3 in a two way system. Here is what I want to do. I want to create a 2.5 system utilizing the Alpair 7 as a tweeter and midrange (30 kHz - 2 - 1 kHz). Then I want to use 2 efficient (20 - 40 watt) woofers for the LF. What would you (the members of this group) recommend as a good 6 - 7 inch woofer that would match the 20 watt rms the Alpair 7?

Tell me what you think.

Thank you,
Golgiapparatus

Hi ,
you don't need to 'match' speaker's RMS power exactly , as the power content , depending on which kind of music ( Baroque music Vs Drum'n'bass for example )is played , is located more in the 'bass' zone . Indeed , 'normal' tweeters are in the 10 W power range .
So it's okay to choose a 100 W ( or more ) woofer .
Or , playing with power and crossover points , also a subwoofer ; it depends
to the stress you normally give to them . But crossing passively below 100 Hz
for playing not too high volume , with a MA and a sub , it may be a technical nonsense , so a higher crossover point works best .
There are many threads about using FAST
Fullrange And Subwoofer Technology

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.