Opinions wanted on using the Hypex 2.4 plate amps?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been using various amps with an active crossover-behringer- and I like the results so much that I wont ever go back to passive crossovers. In an effort to unclutter my mancave, I'd like the main 2 way speakers to be active. The Hypex 2.4 is for full range speakers and has the power but its class D. I know class D can sound good but I'd like input as to what you think of how it will sound.

While first hand experience is best, I'd like to hear from any of you guys as it takes a brain to even be part of the DIY world so I think highly of you all out of the gate.:cool:

Hi

I've heard a lot of the Hypex UcD modules and they are generally considered to be the better end of what is possible with Class D. It is however about comparing Apples with Apples, if your coming from more expensive Class A/B amplifiers I would advise you to try an listen to them first.

I have recently listened to a set of the Ncore modules and was pretty impressed with them. I haven't had a chance to directly compare with other amplifiers but will be getting some modules in soon for that purpose.

Best Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.