Multi multi way

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My Final Loudspeaker Setup
Right channel is shown, from left to right, bottom to top

Focal 7C02
Audax HD13D37
Eton 25SD
ESS Air Motion Transformer
Bandor 50ADW16
Hawthorne Audio Augie
Phy-HP H 21L B15
ESS small Air Motion Transformer Alnico version
BMS 4540ND in custom waveguides
2 * JBL 2205H in folded W-baffle
Veravox 5S
Tone Tubby Alnico 12" hemp cone
PHL B17/1220
Pioneer unknown type
Decca London Ribbon horns

The hole in the baffle was for the Raal Ribbons but they have been sold, didn't match the other drivers

Still have to do some tweaking on the crossover but very promissing allready, haha. A pair of Volt BM220.8 are on their way to fill in a small gap in the lower midrange

Attachments

• Speaker setup.JPG
    Speaker setup.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
My Final Loudspeaker Setup
Right channel is shown, from left to right, bottom to top

Focal 7C02
Audax HD13D37
Eton 25SD
ESS Air Motion Transformer
Bandor 50ADW16
Hawthorne Audio Augie
Phy-HP H 21L B15
ESS small Air Motion Transformer Alnico version
BMS 4540ND in custom waveguides
2 * JBL 2205H in folded W-baffle
Veravox 5S
Tone Tubby Alnico 12" hemp cone
PHL B17/1220
Pioneer unknown type
Decca London Ribbon horns

The hole in the baffle was for the Raal Ribbons but they have been sold, didn't match the other drivers

Still have to do some tweaking on the crossover but very promissing allready, haha. A pair of Volt BM220.8 are on their way to fill in a small gap in the lower midrange

I HAVE THE EXACT SETUP !! Snot bursts my noses from my being surprised.

Congratulations.

P

Yep, just for fun it played all at the same time, seven channels of amplification each side driven by a 6 channel deqx crossover and 8 channel RME Fireface, and some passive crossovers. Really a "wall of sound" lots of fun. Went out of cables otherwise I would have put up my other pair of veravoxes, AMT's and a pair of Macrom integra's as well as well.

Time to sell some speakers I guess. Well the BMS Waveguides and PHL low mids can go, never used them really and they are up for sale allready here in Holland. I just happen to like the Phy's and Tone Tubby's more for mids and the AMT for highs. BMS is scaringly more dynamic though. Choices choices. The three way Focal/audax/eton is going to move into the bedroom when I finally finish to solder the crossover and mount it inside the cabinet.

Thinking about selling the Augies as well, this is the second time I even use them. The JBl's in the w-frame with eq and heavy power amp sound much better to my ears. Allways wanted to the Augies as second pair of subs across the room but I don't have much space to put up another pair of dipoles on the side or the back of the room.

Maybe the Phy's can go as well. What ?? what Am I thinking, ooh wait, no way.

Anyways, this whole setup sounds better then I expected.

Made some measurements in room of the whole system (1/6 oct. smoothing) This is at the listening spot two channels. As you can see there is a little bit too much midrange energy. I think I need some more tweeters to compensate for that ;)

Attachments

• speaker setup.jpg
    speaker setup.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 155
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.