Acoustic Energy AE109 & AE Centre drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
Newbie post so please be gentle!
I have an old AE Centre and a pair of AE109s.
I'd like to recycle to drivers into my first home built speaker project if this if achievable.
I've not attempted to take apart the cabinets - does anyone know whether the drivers are made by AE or have any specs available for them?
Many thanks all

Hi,
Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately, the nice, tall, rear-ported floorstanding boxes just don't work in my new lounge and I need something smaller/different.

I'm not lookingto improve on what AE put together (think I'd be aiming a bit high!!!) but wondered if I'd be able to use what I'd got rather than throw it away/sell.

If they were right for the room I'd have a look at the cabinets, crossover and tuning the rear port but they are going to have to go...

AE no longer have the driver specs but I've seen the Aegis Compact is sold as a direct replacement so those specs might work?

If I can't get driver specs the it look like selling and starting from scratch is the best option...

Thanks all.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.