Speaker Workshop - Compile new executable for Win7 and Mac.

Okay it looks like the problem is with it not calling the dialog box when using the save or save as commands.(somewhere in the CDocManager(), I see that it was warned that this could change and probably did since back them)
One work around I found was to take the example files copy and rename them, then you can work on those and just exit and it will save your work.
it's been far too long since I dabbled in programming to dive further into this myself and though it's a pain this workaround will do for me till someone else fixes it.

You probably know that Speaker Workshop has been open source for a while. Speaker Workshop | Free Audio & Video software downloads at SourceForge.net .
There hasn't been much interest in modifying the source code, probably because there isn't much to fix or change. It works good.
But what I'd atleast like to see happen is the source be compiled into a more modern (Win7, Multi core) platform. And for a Mac platform as well.

Anyone here who knows and is willing to just recompile the source into an executable for a current platform and put it out there for download ?

Wine is simple enough to run pc programmes (even games work) on the OSX. Wine had some restriction in supporting a single thread.

VirtualBox/Parallels with windows is the other option.

If it’s being redone I would look at vectorisation (SIMD) of the maths first, then after that multi-core (looking at one will help development of the second).

I have a degree in parallel and distributed computation.

I just managed (without much effort) to recompile successfully under the latest Visual Studio 2019 community edition on Windows 10. You need to install the C++ compiler pack and upgrade the project to target the latest versions of the pack and something else I've forgotten.

It compiled with only warnings. I haven't exercised all features. Open and save V1.06 projects works, as well as new projects.

If you want the exe, PM me.

Reactions: 1 users