Lumine One 2-Way Speaker Kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
But loudness aside, which one will have better sound quality?

That's a very loaded question really, I could say I prefer the sound of the revelators while someone else might prefer the sound of the Seas drivers.

I'm biased because that Scan-Speak kit has the woofer driver that I've been wanting to try for a long time, but haven't because of the price, so I'd be all over that Lumine kit. ;)

what skills do I need? Ordering the kit looks fairly straight forward and it looks like it comes with all crossover parts needed. I can solder with ease. I have a drill press so I can modify the tweeter and the wood working looks fairly easy also.

I'm curious why you would choose that one over the other though? Higher sensitivity?

I don't know. You should ask the designer. Did you ever call Madisound? What did they say?

I talked to Matt. He basically said not to waste them on rears as they were really intended to be mains. He recommended that i start out on some Zaph SR-71's

He also said that the lumine one 2 way kit was in a much different class then the quattro. The quattro used much much cheaper drivers.

Last edited:
i think the price of the drivers is not the only parameters to determined the performances.

judging from the well documented project by troels, not to mention he did design the woofer to achieve high efficiency with higher rolloff, which most of the time is a good thing. i would go with the quattro.

i always prefer bigger cones and high eff with good power handling. so u can use lowered power class A amp.

cheers
henry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.