"Tired2way" speaker building.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Salas, I calculated it again and it should be 0.685 liter. I also think I lost some bass output that I noticed yesterday. This happened after putting that front-to-back rod in, but its volume is only 0.275 liter. I wonder if that small volume could make it tip over so to speak or it is the stiffening itself that sounds like less bass. I will listen more today.

Listened to it and compared to headphones. The bass level is good and if it is a difference to before it does not matter. Of course the bass is more defined with headphones and "dryer" but that is to expect since a BR has a little different sound, more "meaty" but less dry and precise. I will listen with a friend who is soon here and give you an answer, Dufus.

It seems like it is very hard to get rid of my problem. I tried a rod and since that didn´t help I considered a rib but after some testing I think it will not work. I have kind of lost hope at the moment, I wonder if it is possible to succeed. Maybe those rods from side to side just moved the problem to the back panel, side panels are very dead, especially compared to the back.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Rehouse it one day in an aluminum and rubber sandwich cell cabinet. Set the back panel 1cm inside the back corners if you will ever attempt. There are a limited set of things that you can do with a normal MDF cabinet, especially after the initial plan. Most of the very expensive speakers of the ''high resolution'' school have some sort of heroic or exotic cabinet. Depends on your aim, time and expenditure, sense of diy adventure to hear it in an unconventional housing, since you got a good result for a normal cab already.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
0.5cm+ with the rubber sheet about equal mass to each alu panel. Internal reinforcement still welcome depending on size. Some structural simulation software for buildings if you got a friend in the construction industry to model the best plan may prove invaluable.

Ok, almost finished. After it is dry I put some new stuffing in place ( I ditched the fleece lining and removed all behind woofer while testing). I listened some more and also knocked on the back and it is clearly more stable, mission accomplished. Picture of inside, quite a construction site :). The rib is 19x27mm with the smaller side against the back for max stability. With this placement it gives support on the whole panel behind woofer with just one rib, and gets support from the upper and lower bracing.

Attachments

• speaker46.jpg
    speaker46.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 236
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.