"Tired2way" speaker building.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
And this is what it looks like right now....

Attachments

• speaker7.jpg
    speaker7.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 1,930
Ty, they are 45 l, crosspoint I am not sure of but a little over 2kHz is probably suitable.
35Hz port yes. My name is not Sebastian but Staffan, where did you got that from?.
L1 = 2.5mH (2mm d. wire)
L2 = 0.25mH (1mm d. wire)
L3 = 1mH (1mm d. wire)
C1= 4u7//u68 PP high quality
C2 =10u//2u2 PP high quality
C3 =33u NP//0.22uF PP high quality
R1 = 3R9 10W Mills
R3 = 15R 10W Cement

Attachments

• xr.gif
    xr.gif
    13.1 KB · Views: 1,937
Last edited:
Great design Starre :) I've been looking 22RCY for quite some time and it seemed to me like decent driver for it's cost and performance.

What do you intend to do with box stands ? I dont think that box hight of 71cm is enough in regard to tweeter-earhight rule.

Last edited:
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
In my opinion thats is a more complicated way of doing it, then to just upload the pictures to imageshack/photobucket or whatever and copy the link here. For an example, photobucket as i use resize the pictures for you and you can copy the link including the img tags ()or what they are called, directly from photobucket. Three simple steps, upload to photobucket, copy the link, post here :)
And it's a easier way to organize the photos in your post as well.

Thats what i think, but everybody prefers their own way of doing it!

/Sebastian

Hi Sebastion, what's easier isn't necessarily best ;)

The disadvantage with image hosting sites is that the images don't always load properly, some people can't view them at all (for instance at work because they block image sharing sites), and lastly if the images become unavailable for any reason in the future the thread can become useless :)

That is why I said the preferred way to do it is to upload to diyaudio. It ensures the pictures are viewable by everyone, and remain available in the future.

back on topic. Starre nice work!!

Tony.

Yes no problemo, it was quite fun.
Something to mention about the building: I used Shellac for the inside of the cabinet and it worked great. Using it on the bare parts of the MDF baffle was ok but the surface got quite rough, but my intention is to use filler later to get the whole box smooth, then paint it.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.