"Tired2way" speaker building.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
This looks interesting, what do you say Salas?
Heco Direkt Dreiklang | Deutsch | Heco
Nice bass driver size :)
It looks large but stylized and well made, being shallow usually means near to wall design, maybe a part of its being very efficient has to do with relaxed BSC in its crossover. Proper for small tube and FET class A amps would be anyone's first remark. Don't know if their eight inch midbass chosen for efficiency would bring any more dispersion than you now have though. Listen to it if you can, high sensitivity brings detail and dynamics that you may fall for.

Yes I will try to listen to them when possible.
I replaced T2W with my spendor today, and over all I think they are a little better but not in all aspects. Spendor is quicker sounding with a more defined bass but maybe not digging as deep as T2W. Dynamics is better/quicker and over all more detail. T2W plays more relaxed which I like, I wish I could get all good things from both speakers :D. The pass labs amp now seems fully burned in, it sounds very good, very pleased with it.

Quite pleased with my Spendor but I am thinking of building a new cabinet for T2Way using birch plywood. Also, from making my own speaker cables I have learnt a few things about cables and I am curious to try internal silver wire for the T2Way. Silver of high quality (99,9% or better if possible to find) can sound very good, I found that the treble sounds more extended and "airy" without any bright or hard sound when silver quality is right. Middle is very smooth and alive with good depth. The "problem" is the bass which can get a little to lean and less full sounding compared to copper. If you can minimize this "problem" then all is good but how to do this is still something to try out, I do not know.
Best results for me was using 2 copper interconnects with silver speaker cables.
If you add more silver the bass gets too low in level, something is missing.

I blew 200 bucks on silver cable 99.9% my tannoy hpds&klipschs likd copper. Si=trebly

Quite pleased with my Spendor but I am thinking of building a new cabinet for T2Way using birch plywood. Also, from making my own speaker cables I have learnt a few things about cables and I am curious to try internal silver wire for the T2Way. Silver of high quality (99,9% or better if possible to find) can sound very good, I found that the treble sounds more extended and "airy" without any bright or hard sound when silver quality is right. Middle is very smooth and alive with good depth. The "problem" is the bass which can get a little to lean and less full sounding compared to copper. If you can minimize this "problem" then all is good but how to do this is still something to try out, I do not know.

Best results for me was using 2 copper interconnects with silver speaker cables.
If you add more silver the bass gets too low in level, something is missing.

I am not sure if silver is even a superior conductor.

i know gold s not. its only good for contacts.
Silver in some weird way has an almost blinding sound, like its appearance. remember, the album you listen to was probably mixed on copper cable as well.

One world renowned expert agreed exactly with me.

copper rusts. Why not gold plated copper interconnects? or O2 free sealed?

Last edited:
Silver is the best conducting material for electricity, nothing has lower resistance. Copper is rather close but Gold is considerably worse.
If the silver you got was of very good quality (which I assume) maybe the speakers used have a bright sound balance which was exposed more with silver cables.
Remember that a cable in it self never can amplify the treble of the signal, it always more or less acts as a filter.
If you did not hear anything good with these silver cables I am afraid my conclusion is something was not right with you silver cables and /or the speakers are bright.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.