"Tired2way" speaker building.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have listened to maybe 10 pair of speakers lately and not been overly impressed. It is obvious to me that to beat the tired2way with commersial ones you need a big budget to get a clear step up in over all quality, not many speakers under 10000 euros impressed on me. Revel Ultima Salon (from 2005) was one pair that was excellent, also Rosso Fiorentino has nice speakers, the smaller floor stander costs almost 10000 euros and was in some ways better. Gato is another one which was nice but I was not totally convinced (about 10000 euros). So it will take some time to find something worth getting and I can be happy with what I got until then.

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Apparently such a venture is about full time professional catering for the DIY market and should have demo abilities and one stop shop full BOM plus pre-cut cabinets to provide or consult. Maybe you could make the bigger three way you aspire to but on a beaten path and prefab enough to save work if something in his line of designs proves to your liking.

I am very happy with the speakers. I have further improved things with the addition of a new USB cable (I know this is controversial, but..) and I got better results than before.
I got better transparency, dynamics, cleaner sound, better sound stage and so on. The difference is of course not enormous, but big enough to reach a new quality level.
I also got a shielded power cord for my dac instead of the standard one. It had a slight positive effect, too.

I've only just discovered this thread! :eek:

It's just the sort of thing I like. Here's one of my efforts, but I've liked the look of the SEAS CA22RNY for a long time.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Tell me Starre, how did you arrive at the 2.3kHz crossover? I think it's the one below, isn't it?

Attachments

• Tired2way.PNG
    Tired2way.PNG
    9.2 KB · Views: 226
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.