"Tired2way" speaker building.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
''Buss bar'' is the concept. Common in old tube building. Check out a Jadis amp guts photo on the web to picture it for instance. Could be a thick wire. The idea is you progressively tap along the ''bar'' from lighter to heavier current points and you ground at the end. Say in this case you stick the tweeter (-) then the woofer (-) then the conjugate (-) then the amp (-). So heavy currents don't mix with lighter ones.

Yes, I liked the idea of a 2-way with 8 inch woofer and since I am new to this you must start somewhere, and I would never be able to build any speakers without some help from more experienced people. I know it was not meant as a building suggestion from your part, but I liked what you and your friend came up with.

Yes I will do that, the braces are ready to put in place when I finally glue the baffle into place. I will have one inbetween woofer and tweeter and one just below the woofer. I will show a picture later on and you can see exactly.
Have a nice evening, bye for now.

Last edited:
I have mounted all drivers to the baffle including some speaker sealing tape.
I have made a slight adjust to my filter (se picture). Will this work good or what can be done to make it better?

Attachments

• filter2.jpg
    filter2.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 831
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.