Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Best midrange to pair with Beyma TPL-150
Best midrange to pair with Beyma TPL-150
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2017, 02:35 AM   #651
LewinskiH01 is offline LewinskiH01  Argentina
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Buenos Aires
Quote:
Originally Posted by _henry_ View Post
i have build 2 sets of TPL150-H, one with 12" and one with 8".

the 8" definitely is a better match to the amt.

however, i don't see TPL150 as the ultimate tweeter as some pointed here.
Great!
Can you share which drivers were the 8" and 12"? TPL is what I'm working with, so more interested in the matching midrange rather that tweeter alternatives.

Thank you!
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 02:36 AM   #652
_henry_ is offline _henry_  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewinskiH01 View Post
Great!

Can you share which drivers were the 8" and 12"? TPL is what I'm working with, so more interested in the matching midrange rather that tweeter alternatives.



Thank you!


It was Beyma 12p80nd 2 and custom 8".


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 07:43 AM   #653
chrapladm is offline chrapladm  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
SO what is the vertical output of the Mundorf?

I dont need to have 103 sensitivity considering my mid and bass drivers wont be. SO either would work. Nothing else I can afford compares to the AMT's though. I have heard some ribbons and they are better than CD's but still not quite as nice to mt ear as the AMT's. I just wish someone near by had a Mundorf so I could have a listen.
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 07:44 AM   #654
pk is offline pk  Denmark
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Aarhus, Denmark
Hi Henry,

Could you please say more about the custom 8"?

Thanks!

Best regards
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by _henry_ View Post
It was Beyma 12p80nd 2 and custom 8".


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 07:50 AM   #655
_henry_ is offline _henry_  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrapladm View Post
SO what is the vertical output of the Mundorf?

I dont need to have 103 sensitivity considering my mid and bass drivers wont be. SO either would work. Nothing else I can afford compares to the AMT's though. I have heard some ribbons and they are better than CD's but still not quite as nice to mt ear as the AMT's. I just wish someone near by had a Mundorf so I could have a listen.

I consider CD in small horn that i used is better than the TPL, so my opinion may not valid for you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 07:53 AM   #656
_henry_ is offline _henry_  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk View Post
Hi Henry,



Could you please say more about the custom 8"?



Thanks!



Best regards

Peter


Its custom build for better midrange, higher sens 91dB with low Fs 26hz.

Basically its a hybrid of pro and hifi woofer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 07:54 AM   #657
pk is offline pk  Denmark
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Aarhus, Denmark
Thanks!

Best regards
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by _henry_ View Post
Its custom build for better midrange, higher sens 91dB with low Fs 26hz.

Basically its a hybrid of pro and hifi woofer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 07:55 AM   #658
_henry_ is offline _henry_  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk View Post
Thanks!



Best regards

Peter


No worries


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 08:06 AM   #659
chrapladm is offline chrapladm  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by _henry_ View Post
I consider CD in small horn that i used is better than the TPL, so my opinion may not valid for you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah well that make sense then. Still curious to see if the Mundorf has any better vertical dispersion. I figured it would have the same as that is one of the down sides to the AMT.
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 09:54 PM   #660
LewinskiH01 is offline LewinskiH01  Argentina
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Buenos Aires
Quote:
Originally Posted by _henry_ View Post
Its custom build for better midrange, higher sens 91dB with low Fs 26hz.

Basically its a hybrid of pro and hifi woofer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Henry.

Considering your experience with the TPL and with speakers in general, which off-the-shelf midrange/s would you recommend for the TPL-150H?

Thank you!
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Best midrange to pair with Beyma TPL-150Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Modeling Beyma TPL-150 Ribbon Loren42 Multi-Way 0 16th July 2011 12:55 AM
Beyma TPL-150 Just Might be Worth the Price! Loren42 Multi-Way 7 28th June 2011 10:13 PM
Beyma tpl-150 + Lambda TD12M's studiotech Multi-Way 21 24th July 2009 01:51 PM
-Beyma TPL 150 AMT flshzug Planars & Exotics 1 24th June 2008 12:45 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:18 AM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.00%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2018 diyAudio
Wiki