Horn for <300hz?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm building some 180hz tractrix horn and i will need something (cheap and horn loaded) that can go from 300 down to .... 50hz maybe? I have my eyes on eminence Alpha 10A right now(playing in hornresp).

Any opinions are welcomed!

Bdw.... i would love to build something like this
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

But i have no clue about how could i simulate such an enclosure :(.

Hey,
There is no problem at all to simulate a "hornreflex" in HR. Just doubleclick the default Fr to get Ap(portarea) with Lpt below(length of port below).

Note: Finding a suitable driver is not easy.

The response will be the same with onken style ports?
I have made a small progress yeasterday in HR, but i don't like the impedance curve i get :(. I will need this for a SE amp. Could you point some suitable drivers for this?(cheapish..)

Last edited:
You don´t need the Onken-style slots. What country are you from? There is a STX driver from Poland that looks good.

Don´t mind the impedance at this stage. Find one that is allright frequency-wise first. Don´t forget to sim with Combined response and also on- or off-axis.

I like the onken style slots to be honest. Shape and function.
I'm from Romania. I have acces to monacor, beyma, eminence, and p.audio drivers.

edit:

I've seen a few open back horns. How do they sound? The alpha 15 are perfect for open baffle right...so they might work ok in an no chamber horn?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.