Upside down port error!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am building a pair of Scan Speak reference monitors and I managed (don't know how!!!) to glue and screw the back panel of the speaker upside down. That is with the port looking down and the speaker terminals looking up to the top of the back panel. The other speaker was glued with the correct orientation. So you can figure out my question:

Will this error effect the sound or not? Unfortunately I can only remedy the problem by building another speaker cabinet but this is serious work that will take some time. I have put so much effort in this project that I would like to keep it as it is at the moment if possible.

Thank you all
(please make my day)

George

The internal volume remains the same, as does the internal cabinet angles/dimensions I assume (for standing waves).

As long as the new port position isn't interfering with the rear of the driver etc. I don't see any problems other than aesthetics.

If it were me, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing one panel was upside down, but if you don't have that concern then you're all the better off for it.

I would do an A/B listening test on the speakers, and whatever speaker sounds better keep. Perhaps it sounds better upside down, and you never would have found out had you not made that mistake. Measurement is even better. You might get lucky.

Pete :mafioso:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.