newbie- DIY computer speaker plans ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been working with the Tang Band W3-871S and I believe it makes an outstanding computer speaker for low $. Creative Sound Solutions has kits available that are a snap to build. You'll need an amp for them though. There's good solutions available for that too. Let me know if you want some recommendations for that also. The TB's don't need much power.

I built the Decware panels. As Steve says in his writeup, they are excellent at revealing small subtle detail. The sound was better than the Cambridge Soundworks satelites that they replaced.

My next project was using Jordan JX92s (also bought from Creative Sound Solutions). The design is a stretched version of Jim Griffin's design that won the Atlanta DIY a couple of years back. These are so much better than the panels that the latter have fallen into disuse.

A bit pricey for computer speakers and of course require an amp. I built an AKSA55. Overkill for computer use but this is my main listening area.

The Tangbad suggestion is probably a very good one. Good value. And Bob at Creative Sound is good to deal with.

JamesBoBo007 said:
Looking for great speakers for my PC, I am not finding much, no surprise there.
Has anyone ever built these?
http://www.decware.com/panels.htm
any one have other sources or projects ?

yes i have a while back i used 3m window film works but you gota heat it up from time to time. to keep it from touching each other
sounded not to bad. if i had found d.i.y audio back than i would have posted pics. but there gone sold em

;)

i tryed using wood for the two rods no go use aluminum or steel
wood tends to bend doww:clown:

i used p.v.c pipe for the base

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.