Active high dynamics/SPL & high performance loudspeaker system for my living room…!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
New System

Hi all,

The new system in my living room...

Pretty please is an understatement :D

Attachments

• NewSystem.jpg
    NewSystem.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 434
They turned out great. Surprised this doesn't get more responses.
Must be nothing to criticise :).

Thanks - I am please with the result and the "small boxes" makes the system acceptable even tough there are 6 of them ;)

So how do they sound? What are your crossover points? Did they meet your expectations? Thanks.

Goose bumps and entertaining as one of my friends said and I agree :D

XO points are 80Hz, 500Hz and 3kHz

The system is actually better than I expected as I had feared that using the Accuton drivers could give problems that I have experienced in many other loudspeakers using these ceramic tweeter and mid drivers. They really outperform anything that I have had this far. Nothing "sticking out" - very clean...
And the Oberton 8" drivers nice precision (good choice)....
And the 4 x 15" closed Dayton subs.... very nice indeed = control at every bass node.

The amp blocks are only temporary as I will build a "Coolback" with the exact same amp modules into red enclosures. I use in each side 2 x PA3CC at +/-63V rail (tw+mid) and 2 x HPA2K at +/-63 and +/-125V rails (bass+subs) :)

Do the maths ~ 200W (8ohms) + 200W (8ohms) + 1200W (4ohms) + 2kW+ (2ohms)

Pity you live so far away I would love to have a listen. I have thought about the Accuton drivers many times before, but have ultimately been put off by the response curve for the price. The one time I did hear them at a HiFi show I was very impressed with them. Maybe not everyones cup of tea, but certainly do not lack in resolution.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.