Multiple Small Ports With Iso-Barik

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
I am designing a pair of SMALL monitors (.23 CuFt). I am looking at an Iso-Barik configuration with FIVE .545" ports. Three ports will fire front and Two will fire either rear or upward. What do you guys think?

Here is my theoretical curve.

I chose .545" because it is the ID measurement of a 1/2" Type L Copper Pipe. I can easily Flange it on both ends to reduce chuffing if needed.
Iso-Barik Multi-Port.png

Last edited:
why 5 ports? they will act the same as one larger dia port... (although with more turbulence)

however, this does beg the question, will a box with one rear firing port + one front firing port act the same as a push-push arrangement, for the freq range that the port is putting out?

Re: the hump, it's a bit hard to read your graph, but I'd tune the box a bit higher and you should be able to get a reasonably flat response (at the expense of some low end)

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
I have an existing enclosure that has a maximum internal distance of only 7". A 2 inch port would have to be much longer than the space I have to fit the length in. Five .545" ports only need to be 4.96" long each. I am thinking of having three fire front and two will fire down. The Iso-Barik woofer firing to the rear will cause me enough placement issues so I don't want to have any rear ports.

So, the reason I chose 5 ports was to keep them small. I will flare both ends of the ports to reduce "Chuffing".

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.