Mordaunt Short "MS 3-10" - Replacement Bass Transducer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No informations?
According the pics I have found there are two different low-midrange drivers (transducers) in use:
1) smooth surface of polypropylene diaphragm
2) rough membrane surface
What are the sound differences und who was the manufacturer of the low-midrange driver?

Attachments

• MS3.10 rough driver surface.JPG
    MS3.10 rough driver surface.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 124
  • MS3.10 smooth driver surface.JPG
    MS3.10 smooth driver surface.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
about
Customer Care System
is to read:

All MS product built before 1998 was built by a different company to us. We regret that as these designs are not our intellectual property we have almost no information on the older designs but a UK company called Lockwood audio can provide some spares and service for them. They are contactable on 0044 208 5797755.
MS designs of this vintage generally were 6 Ohms with a sensitivity in the high 80's and a power handling of about 100w RMS
Lockwood Audio

There I will ask

Until now I don't get a reply from there. Therefore now I am looking arround to a special company, which can carry out a restauration (not only foam surround replace like
Replace a Speaker Foam Surround - YouTube
but additional carry out the re-manufacturing (re-build) the voice coil and cone/diaphragm) like
Meyer Repair Service: Fender Speakers
but specialized to this transducer model from MS3.10.
Perhaps in Great Britain such a company exist.

Attachments

• MS 3-10 driver front.jpg
    MS 3-10 driver front.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 35
  • MS 3-10 driver rear.jpg
    MS 3-10 driver rear.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 41
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.