Audax 34mm Tweeter TW034X0 vs old HD13D34H

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As you might know Audax went bust and later some ex employees started their own Audax company and make new versions of old speakers.

There is some difference in parameters and graphs.

I would be interested to know if there is any sonic difference between the new Audax TW034X0 vs old HD13D34H

I hope somebody tried both and can tell.

Hello maessen

I wonder if you made any progress with your enquiry ??
Thank you very much
Miles

I have the same question. Is the TW 034x0 a direct replacement for the HD13D34?

The original Audax Tweeters in my Tangent SPL 5 speakers were the HD13D34 and I'm trying to replace them since it looks as though they can't be repaired. Has anyone used the voice coil ( diaphragm) of the TW034x0 tweeter ( I believe it's model number is RW034x0) with the HD13D34 ?

I've got a pair of HD13D34H for 20 years.
Now they are back in use, voice coil replaced ;)

Here you can find usefull informations :
Atelier de réparation et vente de haut-parleurs AUDAX
Just through a mail to Mr HOULBERT, he'll give you an advised answer.
I don't remember which reference I took 3 years ago... seems to be RW034X0.
They sound very good to me, right now I'm listening to "Riders on the storm".
Cheers

PS : audax speaker units from cadaudio.dk they sell brand new unit for 48€ vs 31€ for new voice coil.

Attachments

• IMG_0103.JPG
    IMG_0103.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 919
Last edited:
I recall something about Harman International buying Audax and then shutting it down, and then the employees reviving it. Madisound sells Audax.
This is an example of an old thread that is worth reviving, considering how central the brand was to a few hundred speaker companies small and large and thousands of hobbyists

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.