Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Active 3-way with DSP
Active 3-way with DSP
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th January 2011, 08:48 AM   #1
HorseWisperer is offline HorseWisperer  Finland
diyAudio Member

Default Active 3-way with DSP

Hey! I will make dsp-controlled 3-way loudspeakersystem by using Behringer dcx and some hometheather amplifier. I will use that HT-amp like 6-channel integrated amplifier after Behringer. I believe that if I use 7.1 input of that HT-amp for all 6 channels that comes from Behringer I will get volume and amplifiers for each channel goes to loudspeakers. Could this be taht easy ??
Old 7th January 2011, 09:28 AM   #2
DQ828 is offline DQ828  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseWisperer View Post
Hey! I will make dsp-controlled 3-way loudspeakersystem by using Behringer dcx and some hometheather amplifier. I will use that HT-amp like 6-channel integrated amplifier after Behringer. I believe that if I use 7.1 input of that HT-amp for all 6 channels that comes from Behringer I will get volume and amplifiers for each channel goes to loudspeakers. Could this be taht easy ??
If your Reciever has analogue DVD Multi channel inputs yes it is that easy. I am using, Squeezebox Touch to MiniDSP, to DVD inputs on my Receiver & it works fine. I believe not all Receivers have the analogue multi channel inputs.

David
Old 8th January 2011, 06:25 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default voltage

Is there problems with high voltage output of behringer.??
Old 8th January 2011, 09:27 AM   #4
DQ828 is offline DQ828  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Is there problems with high voltage output of behringer.??
I don't know anything about the Behringer, & very little about electronics, but when you say High Voltage, I assume you are talking about 2v?

If so I cannot imagine it would be a problem, as people use the Behringer all the time for home audio.

David
Old 8th January 2011, 07:39 PM   #5
kbgl is offline kbgl
diyAudio Member

Quote:
The DCX has 6 outputs, so 6 all will be used by your pair of 3-ways. If you are using a sub, the DCX will not be used to EQ it, or be part of the x-over of the sub.
Old 11th January 2011, 07:52 PM   #6
boris81 is offline boris81  United States
diyAudio Member

I use a 7.1 receiver to actively amplify 6 channels coming out of the computer sound card with no problem.
Some cheap receivers say 7.1 but don't have all 7 channels. Make sure by looking in the back of the receiver, you need 8 DVD inputs labeled FRONT L-R, BACK L-R, BACK SURROUND L-R, SW and CENTER. The subwoofer channel is only a preamp so you should get 7 channels with 7.1.
Old 15th January 2011, 08:19 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

I mean is there problems with different dynamic range of voltage. Is there too high output levels in behringer.
  Reply to this post

Active 3-way with DSPHide this!Advertise here!