Active 3-way with DSP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey! I will make dsp-controlled 3-way loudspeakersystem by using Behringer dcx and some hometheather amplifier. I will use that HT-amp like 6-channel integrated amplifier after Behringer. I believe that if I use 7.1 input of that HT-amp for all 6 channels that comes from Behringer I will get volume and amplifiers for each channel goes to loudspeakers. Could this be taht easy ??

Hey! I will make dsp-controlled 3-way loudspeakersystem by using Behringer dcx and some hometheather amplifier. I will use that HT-amp like 6-channel integrated amplifier after Behringer. I believe that if I use 7.1 input of that HT-amp for all 6 channels that comes from Behringer I will get volume and amplifiers for each channel goes to loudspeakers. Could this be taht easy ??

If your Reciever has analogue DVD Multi channel inputs yes it is that easy. I am using, Squeezebox Touch to MiniDSP, to DVD inputs on my Receiver & it works fine. I believe not all Receivers have the analogue multi channel inputs.

David

The DCX has 6 outputs, so 6 all will be used by your pair of 3-ways. If you are using a sub, the DCX will not be used to EQ it, or be part of the x-over of the sub.

I use a 7.1 receiver to actively amplify 6 channels coming out of the computer sound card with no problem.
Some cheap receivers say 7.1 but don't have all 7 channels. Make sure by looking in the back of the receiver, you need 8 DVD inputs labeled FRONT L-R, BACK L-R, BACK SURROUND L-R, SW and CENTER. The subwoofer channel is only a preamp so you should get 7 channels with 7.1.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.