jbl 2226h built :^)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/quadroph

175Litres 33hz Fb

damping material -needed
rubber gasket-needed

at the moment lots of air puffs out around the woofer :-S
the rubber strip should fix that.

running of 30watts, wil have 60-which if proved stable(eti 480) will be bridged to 150watts.

it models up to 300watts rms within xmax :-D

meanwhile designing basshorn for my mate..
108db/2.83v shiva?

:dead: :devilr: basshorn

yeh i know i ran out :bawling:

im getting some more later..you wouldnt beleive how hard it is to find some decent screws for mounting a speaker!

nice webcam quality pics lol,camera scans later :-D

did you know i could actualy fit a surprising amount of my body inside the speaker cut out while glueing the top of the port some more :p

<skinyboy>

argh time for sleep! Tech in 7.5hrs!

:mafioso: :cool:

What is that thing on your home page???

which thing :p

the super huge woofer?

eti480 amp - reasonable for a simple amp, but would not trust them bridged. With a few modifications and a bit extra voltage supplied, these amps will run quite well at around 150W - let me know if you want more details

yes please email me-i may go for a jayacar 350 watt amp instead or 250watt. i have 300va transformer 28-0-28

osmium@paradise.net.nz

flush mounting good idea although the wood is only 18mm mdf,andi dont have router they cost HEAPS to rent for a day!!!!

i cant mount it from inside the box unless now i put a baffle on the front

:) :nod: :) :) :cool:

8 screws mount the jbl now

put some of this sealant strip for doors <rubber> against frame and cut out.seems much more better.i still dont trust,excursion is higher than i thought it would be.

impedence curve measurement>speakerworkshop wudnt do it>

silicon sealant soon,seal everything,and paint,then

Power and RS SPL meter...

the spl in port is high and nice! :p
:cool: :bigeyes:

pic

Attachments

• sealer.jpg
    sealer.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 311
Centauri said:
Nice box - keep up the good work.

eti480 amp - reasonable for a simple amp, but would not trust them bridged. With a few modifications and a bit extra voltage supplied, these amps will run quite well at around 150W - let me know if you want more details.

Cheers:)
Centauri

Please could you provide details of uprating - I bought the SC480 kit (the updated model from Jan '03 Silicon Chip). Thinking of using higher voltage transistors with two/three pairs of MJ15003/4. Would it be worth using a regulated supply?

Regards
Nix

Hello Mikee,
I built a pair if ETI-480 amps decades ago into a Jap integrated amp and running +/- 45V supplies with 2SA1106/2SC2581 ? Jap flatpack output transistors and it worked and sounded great and never failed.
I did however have twin 5.25" fans providing enough airflow to keep the heatsinks stone cold during party usage.

In this design the DC rolloff cap is sonically very apparent and the power supply connections need to be re-routed, and the speaker neutral return needs to go directly to the psu central earth and nowhere near the amplifier pcb.

The ETI-480 is a fine sounding amp when implemented correctly.

Eric.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.