DIY Tannoy Westminster Royal - tutorial

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm from Vietnam. After 3 months, my DIY Tannoy Westminter Royal has finnished. I would like to share all of you some of my pictures and video
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Video link youtube:Tannoy Westminter DIY- 20130916 Part 2 - YouTube

Continue...

Video: tannoy westminter diy 20130916 part 1 - YouTube

Hi, Vietsonha:
Very nice work on those cabinets! May I further inquire about the installed speakers? I don't recognize them as any Tannoy model; instead they look to me very much like Electra C-30. Can you tell us what they actually are, and how they sound?
Much appreciated,
Wilf

I heard some original Westminster Royal SEs today (with the optional supertweeters) and it was quite a let-down. I could appreciate some positive attributes, which no doubt are what appeal to those who bought a pair, but after a few minutes I knew it was very much not my cup of tea. The sound was 'big' and the dynamics could be felt as much as heard, which was fine, but the frequency response seemed highly uneven and there was considerable distortion/colouration. Furthermore, it was the sort of presentation in which it was clear that you were listening to sound coming from speakers, rather than sound projected in 3D space independently of the speakers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.