The best midrange driver (cost no option) for 3-way

The Satori TW29RN tweeter seems to be rated very high, so have also a very good subjectiv listening impression I surmise !

A confort zone for a XO to stay with high efficienty may be 2000 Hz ? But what mid is good enough to match this tweeter sounding quality ? Any woof of Satori has both high efficienty and no breakups till 2 K Hz ???

The choice of woof-mid seems to be the Eternal Satori quest, whatever the brand ?!

I would like to bet to a good mid dome à la Proac and clones... but they have poor efficienty !

The new AE 6" ??? where are the datas ?

What will you guys recommend for clean mids between 300Hz to 6khz preferably below 4". I know you guys recommend choosing the mids first. But I started my two way and realised that cone break up of the mid bass and resonance peak of the tweeter is affecting crossover frequency. Tweet is the lovely SB26STAC and mid bass the ok 6FE100. So if I get a mid speaker for frequency between 300Hz to 6khz I can choose easier slopes to work with and hopefully less components for notch and zobel etc.

Last edited:
What will you guys recommend for clean mids between 300Hz to 6khz preferably below 4". I know you guys recommend choosing the mids first. But I started my two way and realised that cone break up of the mid bass and resonance peak of the tweeter is affecting crossover frequency. Tweet is the lovely SB26STAC and mid bass the ok 6FE100. So if I get a mid speaker for frequency between 300Hz to 6khz I can choose easier slopes to work with and hopefully less components for notch and zobel etc.

-great tweeter, and one that can work down pretty low in freq. (..as low as 2-2.2 kHz with only a modest filter: LR 2nd.)

Doesn't mean you shouldn't have a nice mid there though. How about the Vifa (Peerless) TC7FD00-04:

Zaph|Audio

Thanks, I spoke with the guy from Transducer Labs today and I told him my set up and what I wanted to achieve and he said if it were him based on my expectations he would use the N26CR2-G tweeters. He said he has used them all and he perfers the ceramic glass over all the TL tweeters..

For those contemplating this tweeter, consider this mid.:

Products | gradient-acoustics.com - Products > Gradient Ceramic > AX-CE04

Speakers Intertechnik - Shop - Shop

Note the price withOUT "VAT" for those not in the EU.

OK, first suggestion is to start with the midrange and build your system around it. It is the most important part so make the other parts conform to it rather than the other way around.

absolutely agree.
what matters is the best resolution at medium frequencies and only then add extension at the bottom.
if you want the best, go for a 3-way with 4 ”midrange.