Driver measurements

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I thought to share Beyma CP380M compression drivers' thd measurement, because there aren't any measurements published, except the manufacturer's plot, that I know of. Driver has received some good user feedback on this forum.

Measurement is taken in XT1086 horn, with uncalibrated Behringer EMC8000 mic at approx. 1 meter away from driver's mouth, with LR2 high-pass in 1,21kHz (from DCX2496). The FR is slightly equalized. I used digital Radio Shack spl-meter to check levels (= one can only approximate the real spl). Mentioned spl level is the high point, not average.

Two drivers have a slight variation in the top octave. System's and room's noise performance could be better, now higher order harmonics are likely mix with background noise.

Beyma 1# 100dB:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Beyma 1# 105dB:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Beyma 2# 100dB:

Beyma 2# 105dB:

Drivers are a good match with XT1086 horns. I think these drivers could be crossed very low at at home enviroment. In proper horn 800-1000Hz LR2 is no problem. Here's a 105dB sweep with 400Hz LR2 (in totally improper horn for such x-o):

Please feel free to contribute your measurements here.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.