Has anyone used the Alpha 15 in a two way?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have them in this set up. I REALLY like them.

Picture20021.jpg

Picture20025.jpg

Er, 2KHz is about the worst possible XO frequency in the book, being slap-bang in the middle of our critical hearing BW. Granted, it's popular for compact multiways, primarily because about 90% of the midbass units lurking around product catalogues these days can only manage that before their response goes to hell in a handbasket, but if you can avoid it, then IMNSHO, avoid it in the same way you would avoid a dose of the fell Ludolphous' palsy.

Leaving such philosophies aside, the Alpha 15 is not going to be a happy camper being asked to motor up that high. Take a gander at Eminence's own published (on-axis) FR for a graphic demonstration of it's deep and abiding reluctance. To which you can add potentially lousy transient response & a polar response that will almost certainly bring new meaning to the word 'interesting.' 500Hz would be as high as I'd be willing to take them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.