Wiring a subwoofer and split for one channel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,
This is my first post , so forgive me for my rookie question . Im planning on building a stereo floor standing speaker setup. I have a 80 rms(4 ohm) dls split system with passive crossover and a 10 inch 250 rms woofer(4 ohm) for each box. Im planning on wiring it in series with a 2 ohm stable amp. My question is , running both speakers(1 sub and 1 mid + tweeter) per channel , on a 350 rms amp, will the power be split (175 rms each) between the two speakers in the box resulting in me burning my spit system ?

Hi and welcome.

The RMS ratings for the speakers specify how much power they can handle before they fail not how much power they draw from the amplifier. How the power is split between the speakers is dependent on the impedance curves of the speakers and the crossovers/wiring. The amount of power that is delivered to the speakers is dependent on the volume knob.

Roger

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.