flush\inwall\ib project. questions as they arise

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
introduction
It's uncertain long-term project :D.
MF\HF definetly will Radian 950pb in p-audio ph2380 - 2380 clones(i have them already). perhaps biggest horns much later.
LF\MB - supposedly some custom big drivers in IB; until their early to discuss..
UHF - I'll think\deside later..
Cross - supposedly dcx2496. I'll order in the next few days.
Room in attachment (listening room - on right, 4.2*4.8 m, 20 m^2,).
Thanks for your input.

Attachments

• flatib.jpg
    flatib.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 95
question 1.
where better to make a hole in the wall for horns? Toe-in or not? :D
I'd moved horns (alas w\o LF, 1order about 500 hz crossed) hither and thither. subjectively about 2.6-2.8 m between seems better than less distance for horns parallel to wall.
Also I tried corner placement toed-in 45° (I read some Wayn Parham texts and others similar..). May be, 4.2 m between speakers is too large distance or distance from listener to speakers is not enaugh? Right\left sounds gathers in right\left corners..:confused:..
Toed-in with non-corner placement is contrary to flush-mounting..
Defined directivity horns (Everest like) seems unavailable..
Theortically, reconstruction of fron wall to \_/ shape is possible, but practically and now - :nownow::p....

Last edited:
:) yes, I registred there last year and read many.
it slightly different cult.
I hope, praeps unresonable:scratch2: - I'll have no subwoofer..

And also I googled&googled flush\inwall\soffit mounted speakers.. Results: common phrase that is good, studio projects with speakers pointed at listening point and ugly set of wretched homecinemaspeakers for inwall mounting ..

Last edited:
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]p.s.: from Manuals[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]"The loudspeakers can be placed as close to the front wall as possible (mounting the speakers in the wall, in soffits, being ideal) ...[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1](Users should consult with their Westlake dealer or the Westlake Audio technical staff for soffit mounting guidelines)."[/SIZE][/FONT]
do wright me to Westlake Audio technical staff ? :)
promise that I'll buy a pair of TM-3 monitors ( http://www.westlakeaudio.com/Speakers/Professional_Series/tm-3.html ), it seems unfair:rolleyes:

Last edited:
re:'Toe-in or not?' - depends on the directivity characteristics if the driver, and how you listen - sitting in one spot, or moving around? At least with boxes, you can change your mind.... and not affect the rear room so much too... although I guess you're prepared to sacrifice that room...

2380 is 90x40 horn.
I'm almost never sitting\listening exactly in "sweet spot". and I hate laserbeaming speakers.
I had some boxes&open baffles, and don't want now :)
I (almost)don't sacrifice room aria with this project relatively hundred liters boxes standing 3' from walls. and the wall I do not mind :) ..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.