Free Horns

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well, i just got them in the mail, and snake oil comes to mind...

they are pretty ghetto. they came in a box that was hand addressed, with instructions with typos on it. i got the velcro mounting option, woohoo!

i put them on, and listened to some familiar tunes. they do make a significant difference (well, as much as a plastic flute can make). with the horns, it sounded louder, a little better focus, but a loss of detail. without, it was much more detailed, a but more laid back, yet maybe not as good of focus.

all in all, they were NOT a $3K upgrade as claimed on their site. nor were they a $100 upgrade, because they lost some key features of my sound. i'm not even the least bit surprised.

im going to try them on my center channel for grins, but im not really sure it will be worth it. they look kinda ugly on my speakers too. very awkward looking. WAF is LOW. honestly, they arent even worth free.

I just sent an email for my free pair. You can bet I won't be using the velcro if that's what they send me.

I can see how they might be useful for speakers that are primarily for home theater, to reduce the effect of the primary reflection in the room. That is why I never use dome tweeters when I build HT speakers. I prefer a 3" TB or another full range with a helper 6 or 8 inch woofer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.