debt and hight perspective

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
in speaker performance, what have influence on the hight and debt perspective? I fell I have difficultees to reach the performance in my DIY speakers as on the best speakers I have heard.
Also i feel it has something to do with how the speakers project its sound out to the listener, it is good to avoide reflections on the walls, seeling and floor.

in speaker performance, what have influence on the hight and debt perspective? I fell I have difficultees to reach the performance in my DIY speakers as on the best speakers I have heard.
Also i feel it has something to do with how the speakers project its sound out to the listener, it is good to avoide reflections on the walls, seeling and floor.

Well the hight, or high-t is short for "high tariff".. or the "hosing" you Europeans get on imported goods.

The debt perspective is inevitably the perspective that results from paying for goods with a "dizzying" hight.

:D

The subjective responses of Height, and Depth are very complex (and not well understood).

For the most part Height can be enhanced by moving the tweeter/mids physically higher in relation to you - aimed at you. (..Wilson Audio does this for their larger designs, like the Alexandria and MAXX.) You can also usually enhance Height (and Depth) in a normal stand-mounted type design by moving the tweeter off of the front baffle and onto the top of the loudspeaker and tilted "up" about 20+ degrees (..though be wary of diffraction effects and on and off axis responses.)

Depth is largely due to the quality of the drivers, and the passive components (i.e. capacitors and inductors). You can also increase it by lowering the midrange spl level when compared to the average (particularly between 1 and 4 kHz). Further, delayed ceiling reflections can enhance the sense of depth (contributing to a monophonic emphasis).

It generally is NOT good to avoid wall and ceiling reflections as long as the speaker is a meter(+) away from any wall. It generally *is* good to reduce floor reflections, though the Alison effect (or midrange loss in pressure due to "floor bounce"), can sometimes improve depth.

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
Height perspective is really not possible with two speakers separated only in the lateral plane, but some people do "hear" height perspective anyway, and some do not, including myself.

As ScottG points out, there are a lot of things that affect our impression of depth and spaciousness, but the most important factors in my opinion is the quality of the speakers, the quality of your room, and how the speakers integrate with the room.

Thank you for the good points. maybe I am one of those that does not hear hight perspective.
I often have a feeling to hear bette depth perspective, if loudspeakers are fare away from the back wall.
But i guess as you indicate, that these informations are in the lowlevel small signals so very high quality on the design is needed.
The best designs I have hear these detail on is a line source and a 3 way with very simpel crossover, only a capacitor on the tweeter, the midrange was a fullrangedriver, and the bas was made in a way so that it had a natural roll off that fittet to the fullrange driver.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.