Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

"the onyx" designed by tr black
"the onyx" designed by tr black
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th March 2010, 04:47 AM   #1
mastadon is offline mastadon  United States
diyAudio Member

Default "the onyx" designed by tr black

hey all i just aquired a set (2) of what appear to be a 4-way theater speaker.
Eight inch Sub, 8 inch mid bass, mid tweeter, and ribbon tweet. Called the onyx, designed by tr black, black acoustics corporation costa mesa california. Couldnt find anything on the web. oh a 4 amp fuse is on the back. any one ever heard of it???? any info would be greatley6 appreciated
Old 23rd September 2010, 06:56 AM   #2
patleaver is offline patleaver  United States
diyAudio Member

Have you found anything out regarding your Black Acoustics speakers? I recently acquired a matched pair of 3-way "Night" speakers by Black Acoustics (Costa Mesa) made in the early 1980's. Haven't found any info on them. I bought these from a retired music exec who said the company was obscure but the speakers were considered high end and originally retailed for $500 apiece.
Old 14th October 2010, 06:55 PM   #3
mastadon is offline mastadon  United States
diyAudio Member

Default black accoustic costa mesa "onyx"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patleaver View Post
Have you found anything out regarding your Black Acoustics speakers? I recently acquired a matched pair of 3-way "Night" speakers by Black Acoustics (Costa Mesa) made in the early 1980's. Haven't found any info on them. I bought these from a retired music exec who said the company was obscure but the speakers were considered high end and originally retailed for $500 apiece.
the only thing i know, is they really are impressive for Movie audio reproduction, house shakin. i blew the 4 amp fuses a coupla times, thentook the low frequency from them to some other boxes and that stopped the fuse blowing problem, but the subs i was usin clearly werent as cool as the ones in the onyx cabs, i got the ability to be a little louder but the bass suffered. Im very impressed with these.

Last edited by mastadon; 14th October 2010 at 07:04 PM.
  Reply to this post

"the onyx" designed by tr blackHide this!Advertise here!