Choice of driver for El Pipe-O

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
stokessd said:
I heard that they are closing their doors though.

Nice drivers, those lambdas -- they are not going out of business, just mutating so they can survive.

Idealy you would like a driver with 0.5<Qt<1.0. And the bigger the Vas of the driver, the bigger the pipe you will need for optimum performance (el pipo would perform better with a larger pipe than it has...)

dave

planet10 said:

Nice drivers, those lambdas -- they are not going out of business, just mutating so they can survive.

I ordered a set of the TD15S-LE drivers before the price increase, and I wasn't impressed. I'll take a peerless XLS over them.

One was damaged in shipment and I've had a heaping helping of really bad customer service from them. I just mailed them back last week for a refund.

Sheldon

Hello Everyone,
I have some questions concerning drivers for use in a EL Pipe-O.I
am planning to use 4- Dayton Quatro 8's. Parts Express #295-545
in a compound push- pull set-up. I am trying to figure out the enclosure vb (.80 or .40 ), PVC pipe 8" dia. 30" long and stuffed at
.785 lbs/ft3.Does this sound right?
Sincerely,
Cambe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.