Foster 12" Woofer Ripole sub: single dual driver unit or dual single driver units?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Foster 12" Woofer Ripole sub: single dual driver unit or dual single driver units?

I have posted a while ago about Foster drivers I found in Sears Professional speakers. I was advised that the 12" woofers might work well in a Riople subwoofer and I'm tempted to go this way to complement my great-sounding but bass-shy KEF 303.

I don't have experience with the Ripole and am wondering if it would be better for me to build a single module with the two woofers in it or two modules with on woofer each.

I think one module would get me higher efficiency and thus higher max SPL, something I understand is not the Ripole's forte, so that would help.

OTOH, two modules would get me "stereo bass", which I have seen advocated many times by reputable people.

What would you advise?

az

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.