What New Age Audio Rot?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think what going me going at first was the inference that the frozen photo thing "made your system sound better" rather than "made you hear your system better". No matter how unconventional the aproach, if something makes you hear more effectively, even if it you alone, and even if it purely a placebo effect, then if it works for you, it works. End of story.

This is obviously(?) not the same thing as making the system go better.

Peter Daniel said:
I just wanted to point out how everything is relative in our believe system.
For people talking about New Age Audio Rot, possibility of shelf influencing sonics or cables making a difference in sound, or to the ones already accepting those two, the concept of Baybee devices is as absurd as to you the idea of frozen photographs improving your listening experience.

Which doesn't mean I support the photographs claim. But just for the hell of it, I might try it one day;) Why not?

I find the BayBee filters work best if you put them in the freezer. Colder temperatures slows down electron movement don't they? Low SAF though (honey what are these cables coming out of the freezer)!

P.S. I tried filtering my interconnects through photographs of myself, but I had to turn the volume up too high and just got a lot of hiss. I wonder if the paper the photos are printed on make any difference? Kodak verses Fuji, and what about ink jet printed photo's?

Tongue firmly in cheek,

Phil

bye bye Bybee....

there was a big discussion a while back on the MAD board, some Bybees were got hold of and passed around among the regulars.

NOT ONE of them (if I remember correctly) could note any difference. and believe me they tried them in every which way !!

One guy did notice a difference when used at line level somewhere in his amp or something, "about the same sort of difference a ferrite bead makes" was his comment (if I remember rightly) ie reduced RF interference a bit.

I can't believe it- you guys are still ignoring the elephant in the room, photon-induced phase noise. Diddle all you like with beads and magic ferrites, but until you can prevent any photons from reaching your wires, components, and speakers, you're rolling in mud.

But there is, at least, a solution- the Photon Phase Correlators that I developed. Based on a proprietary mixture of ruby, rutile, and rudabaga, they cause the photon phase integrity to correlate across the entire audio band, resulting in dramatically better intertransient silence, more natural tonality, and a more free-flowing, relaxed nature to the musical lines. The first time I attached these to my interconnects, my wife immediately asked what was different about the sound. Proof enough!

Without these devices, you're just wasting your time.

And another one...

Has anyone here had the sublime audio experience of using a laser pointer and shining the light into a vacuum tube, into the space between the control grid and cathode? It is believed that the spin of the electrons passing through here can be either right handed or left handed. Apparently the coherent and therefore low entropy laser light striking the moving electrons at right angles impart a clockwise spin the the left handed spin electrons while leaving the others alone.

The result is a far reduced quantitisation effect of the electron cloud reaching the anode (individual electrons remember) and therefore greater resolution and more accurate soundstage. A further benefit is a much reduced positive ion bombardment of the cathode resulting in a tube life of up to 300% of normal. Also the field gradient required for the cathode to liberate electrons from it's oxide coated surface is reduced leading to a lower possible anode saturation voltage, equivalent to lower Rds-on of a mosfet.

Also worth trying is the use of two lasers pointing from opposite sides of the tube into the same cathode-grid space. When the tube is moved laterally in the line of the two beams a Doppler effect raises the apparent frequency of one laser and lowers the other. When the two beams meet in the electron cloud, the frequency difference is manifested as an interference effect with closely spaced peaks and troughs of energy at the physical wavelengths of the sum and difference frequencies. The result is a "quantum bunching" of electrons in these high and low energy regions, causing an effect similar to the space charge in a beam tetrode.

Provided the location of the increased density of electrons is situated right on the control grid, the transconductance and linearity of the tube is increased a great deal. More research is needed to determine the optimum postions of the lasers.

As a devoted Mineralarian, I am shocked you have failed to address the morphogenetic fields caused by organic based insulators.

Only glycaldehyde meteorites are effective against audio enuvirui and randomly angry electrons.

And don't insult me with all that feng shui speaker nonsense.

So, in this season of deprivation remember to give generously. As a wealthy hobbyist, I do not require money. I only accept it to finance my audio charity. Give the children amps!

Attachments

• crystal_coil.jpg
    crystal_coil.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 78
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.