pi speaker kits for rock and hard rock?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I cannot find much information on these speakers!
My set-up is for a 2ch audio system.

Parasound 2ch preamp
Adcom amp, 200x2 at 8ohm
Sony Playstation 3 for cd player.

I want to turn it up good and loud with great mid range and chest bass. I am not into the ear piercing highs at higher volumes though.
I will be also building a separate, subwoofer setup for the very low end. 30-40hz and under.
These are my goals,
I am 25 years old. I am not a super critical listener yet for years to come. I just want a set of good sounding loud speakers that will last and impress me.

Do you mean
Pi Speakers
which have several extremely different models. What are you looking for? Towers? Bookshelves? Little cubes?

You only have a 2-ch amp. How will you power the sub? Not a passive crossover, I hope, that simply cannot work with a subwoofer due to the impedance curves involved.

Unless your preamp has a sub crossover, you'll need an external. Or a receiver. Or build big tower speakers with large woofers and forget about the sub.

But I think you need to give us more information.

The Pi speakers I heard last year were Pi-4 I believe, with the JBL upgrade, and the Pi Subs. I found them to be very capable speakers, and would not hesitate to play any kind of music through them.

Wayne Parham is extremely easy to converse with and very well versed in audio engineering. My only problem is the size and shape of his enclosures ( a bit too monkey coffin for my personal tastes ). The ability and quality of the product is superb though.

He's available on his forum through the Pi website, or he hangs out at Audio Roundtable forum too.

John

The Pi speakers I heard last year were Pi-4 I believe, with the JBL upgrade, and the Pi Subs. I found them to be very capable speakers, and would not hesitate to play any kind of music through them.

Hi John,

I am from Okrahoma too, LOL.

I am curious about how you feel the Four Pi and subwoofers blended?
Also, where did you hear these speakers at, Wayne's house, Lone Star Audio fest?

Just curious

Norris Wilson

So i can use a plate amp with a built in crossover on my 2ch preamp? The plate amp will be the PE 1000watt amp. Sorry for the quick off topic post!
I know that Wayne P. likes to have 2 subs, unless the room is small, I guess. Maybe Wayne can answer your question on the amps too and at the same time on this same tread. For room size, application and speakers type try to get a direct answer here or on his own forum. Maybe some other questions are also talked about.:cool:

Last edited:
I heard them at LSAF last June.

Where in Okrahoma do you hang your hat, Norris?

John

I am about 30 miles south of Tulsa close to Beggs, right off of hi-way 75.

I hope to make it to Lone Star Audio fest that was moved by Shane to May 14, 15, and 16 this year.

http://www.lonestaraudiofest.com/

More than likely I will be there on Saturday if all works out.

Possibly I could meet you there?

Norris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.