Biwire Jumper options??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need some ideas on really good jumpers. My speakers were built biwireable but I prefer to single wire. Rather than re-solder to one set of posts, what's a good jumper method? I'd love to use copper strips but good luck finding those strips specially made like you find on commercial speakes. Would simple 16-20 awg copper wire work well ??? I use a special pair of cables custom terminated with bananas now but I'd love something simpler and "purer".

Hello,

I have switched a couple of pair of speakers from bi-wire posts to single wire.

Use as short as possible piece of good quality copper wire to paralled the spots on the crossover(or on the crossover circuit board) where the two sets of terminals hooked up.

The best type of wire is to use the same as you are using for your speaker wire. (eg. I am using nordost wire and I have used it inside the speaker as the jumper)

Now you can even remove one set of terminals(and its wire) from the back of your speaker.

It's that easy.

Thanks

Kevin

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi Greg,

Here is what is available from Cardas.
http://www.cardas.com/oem/index.html
You would have to call them to find a retail dealer that carries the jumpers.

Rodd Yamashita

Attachments

• cljp1.jpg
    cljp1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 88
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.