Zaph/audio Waveguide TMM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,

(Zaph|Audio)

I'm not usually a fan of ported speakers but this design ticks a lot of boxes for me; paper drivers, quite sensitive, simple crossover and good off axis response.

If I made these i'd have to use them quite close to the back wall (6" inches is about the maximum)
Could I put the ports in the side or the front without causing any problems?

Yes.

But, 6" is more than enough clearance for the port, even 2" between the port and the wall would be fine.

Of course, placing the speaker that close to the wall will alter the response.

Since you're in Europe, you might have access to the Monacor DT300 tweeter + waveguide? (Another option to consider):

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I always thought a rear ported (vs front/top/side ported) speaker will in general reinforce bass more if put near a wall?

Yes i've seen the Monacor D300 + waveguide for sale over here but don't have the skills to implement it in a design (If someone can give me a design with that tweeter and a pair of Seas CA18RLY woofers, a simple crossover, in a sealed box, i'd be over the moon!)

Will that waveguide fit any other manufacturer's tweeters, I wonder? Too bad nobody seems to sell them here in the US.

If you were to build per Zaph's WGTMM cabinet/baffle design, except use the Monacore tweeter + waveguide, could you measure the frequency response? I am sure there are at least a few of us that would be happy to design a crossover for you, for such a design, if only we had measurements (FR + Imp).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.