CLIOwin or MLSSA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I intend to buy speaker testing software/hardware, and my favorites are CLIOwin and MLSSA.
Of course MLSSA is professional system used by many designers but it comes with hefty price tag $3500 for computer card and software only. On
the other hand CLOwin actually never claims to be professional but still has all main features of MLSSA and it comes with microphone and interface box. All that for little over $1000. Is it CLIOwin accurate enough to give reliable results? Does
anyone own CLIOwin or read review on the subject? Any input welcome!

What is your intended use for the measurement system. I mean if you plan to make DIY projects (2 or 3 per year) CLIO most likely will do the job just fine. If you have some commercial plans or building speakers brings some money back then go for MLSSA...

I can at the moment only dream of either of them. I'm using a combination of AudioTrak MAYA EX soundcard and JustMLS + Praxis + LspLab + Speaker workshop. All this also gives me means to measure almost all that I need, just there is more work and figuring out how to accomplish whatever it is I need.

Ergo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.