Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Crossover design from scratch
Crossover design from scratch
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd December 2009, 01:19 AM   #1
MrCaBLeGuY is offline MrCaBLeGuY  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default Crossover design from scratch

Hi People,

I'm going to build 2 monitor speakers (bookshelff type). Containing this speakers:

Fountek NeoCD3.0M RND BLK Specs: Click here
An externally hosted image should be here but it no longer works. Please upload images instead of linking to them to prevent this.

And:

HiVi research F5 5" bass-midrange - Specs: click here
An externally hosted image should be here but it no longer works. Please upload images instead of linking to them to prevent this.

I started a few weeks ago with budget speakers from Visaton and used boxsim to create a filter. But all the specs from the Vistaton filters are available for boxsim, is there any way I can do the same trick with other software? With boxsim I created something like this (wasn't final)

How can I create a filter for this set? I will need a 3rd order for the tweeter. I know you can just create a filter with tools like here:

2-Way Crossover Designer / Calculator

But would really like to see a graph like in boxsim, is there any way to do that?

Thanks in advance for your support!

(ps. I still a newbie, don't make the replies to hard :P)
Old 22nd December 2009, 03:10 AM   #2
Joachim Gerhard is offline Joachim Gerhard  Germany
diyAudio Member

I use LSP CAD but Boxsim is good too and free. What is interesting in LSP Cad is that the speaker can be electronically simulated. So you can ether hear over headphones or use a soundcard with multiple amps. After you decided on the sound you can then build the spaeker physically. It saves me lots of time.
Old 22nd December 2009, 03:11 AM   #3
Joachim Gerhard is offline Joachim Gerhard  Germany
diyAudio Member

usually you create filters after a target.

Crossover design from scratchHide this!Advertise here!