Troels' PMS (multilayer assembly) build thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
It won't be a CLD if you change the materials of the layering, and i wouldn't use any of the commonly used CLD material (it wants to be inside the box wall). A layering of different materials (even just different thicknesses of the same material) could be beneficial. Multiply, chipboard, MDF, aluminum plate, even glass might be useful.

dave

More pics of the second cabinet:

Number 2 standing on her feet, closely watched by number 1 running in the drivers
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Soldering connections to the cables so that drivers can easily be taken out without soldering
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Sealing the x-over cables into the mid volume

Inside view of the closed mid volume

Inside view of the woofer area with the binding post and some heat shrink to polarize

pimped cables :p

Bitumen mats again on mid cover

Gluing the bottom cover and feet

Hello, WaveFlex!

That is a very nice build you have going on there! I'm a big fan of the look of the PMS, and this is already a very beautiful build. I'm looking forward to the finished pictures, and seeing how they are finished!

Are you able to use the CNC machine through your work? I do wish I had access to such a machine.

Hello, WaveFlex!

That is a very nice build you have going on there! I'm a big fan of the look of the PMS, and this is already a very beautiful build. I'm looking forward to the finished pictures, and seeing how they are finished!

Are you able to use the CNC machine through your work? I do wish I had access to such a machine.

Thanks a lot for your comment klankyman. Actually the are in the progress of getting finished... be patient :cool:

Yes indeed for the CNC, wouldn"t mind having one for myself in the basement though..:D

Assembled cabinet

Just before closing time... should dig out that album btw...

Hello WaveFlex,

This is a great project. Could you please tell me what did you use for making the drawings for each layer? Which CAD program?

Thank you!

Thanks for your comments SunRa!

Actually as mentionned earlier in this thread I use 2-D design software, any open source clone of Illustrator to name it or your preferred software should do.

The 3rd Dimension is somewhere in my brain...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.