Need woofer advice for Alpair 50 wide range build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm new here and need some advice on driver selection. First I'll tell you I have only built a few kits from Occam Audio before. I built 3 MTM 4 kits as my L-R and Center for home theatre and am well pleased with the sound.

I recently picked up a pair of Mark Audio Alpair 50 (grey) drivers on closeout special. They have a wide range from 300-20,000 so I have my upper end covered and want to get some advice on selecting a woofer for a nice simple 2 way large bookshelf build.

I noticed that Occam has a kit MT27 that uses this tweeter/mid and a SDX7 woofer from CSS. Problem is they are around $100 each woofer.

Can anyone recommend a 6"-8" woofer around the $50 dollar mark that would blend well with the Alpair 50, and also where a person can get a simple 2 way crossover kit for crossing over at 300hz?

Thanks in advance

I'm new here and need some advice on driver selection. First I'll tell you I have only built a few kits from Occam Audio before. I built 3 MTM 4 kits as my L-R and Center for home theatre and am well pleased with the sound.

I recently picked up a pair of Mark Audio Alpair 50 (grey) drivers on closeout special. They have a wide range from 300-20,000 so I have my upper end covered and want to get some advice on selecting a woofer for a nice simple 2 way large bookshelf build.

I noticed that Occam has a kit MT27 that uses this tweeter/mid and a SDX7 woofer from CSS. Problem is they are around $100 each woofer.

Can anyone recommend a 6"-8" woofer around the $50 dollar mark that would blend well with the Alpair 50, and also where a person can get a simple 2 way crossover kit for crossing over at 300hz?

Thanks in advance

Where are you located?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.