"Generic" 8" Sized Replacement Thin Wall Woofer Surrounds

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking for a foam surround that is generic 8" in size (15cm cone diameter) with the thinwall such as is found on the proper replacement foams for the Large Advent woofer. Basically, a much more compliant replacement surround than is usually found in the 8" size.

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
I'm looking for a foam surround that is generic 8" in size (15cm cone diameter) with the thinwall such as is found on the proper replacement foams for the Large Advent woofer. Basically, a much more compliant replacement surround than is usually found in the 8" size.

Hi Dread,

You could check out Parts Express - they have some fairly thin foam types that I used to repair some old Paradigm's one occasion. Did you mean thin in terms of material or width of the roll?

Jim

I mean thin in terms of material thickness. The Snell E/III surround, though exactly 8" generic dimensionally, is much more compliant than the standard generic foam. It's quite thin, like the proper Large Advent surround if you're familiar with that product. Snell is not helpful with the replacement.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.