SPL good enough?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
yeh i think the amp can take it...QSC is a good brand

http://www.beyondaudio.ca.tc/
Hey...doesn't this manufacturer manufacture subwoofers(the inhuman series) that have nearly EXACTLY the same motor structure and basket as the Blueprint 03 subs? However they claim the subs have 1.3" Xmax and the magnets weigh 300oz...as opposed to 240oz of the BP.

any comments?

By the way, the subwoofers of this manufacturer are the best I've seen..I think..besides the JLaudio W7 retailing at $900US

The cast basket you see is called the Venezuela basket. Anyone can buy them, and they are used by many, many different mfgrs.

Drivers that are particularily designed for car use don't necessarily work well for home use. The J L Audio drivers are really suited for db drags and not home use. The same is true of the link you posted. Only db drag fans want/need 1 ohm VC's

The difference between a 240 and 300oz magnet and the increase in Xmax of the inhuman series are unimportant for home use.

To even get close to using all the P-P excursion of a 1503 will result in SPL's so high they will literally be damaging to the construction of a house. Drywall/sheetrock will vibrate so hard that nails heads will pop. So a bigger motor or longer Xmax isn't needed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.