Fountek ribbon tweeter 3cm2 ribbon black square alumunum faceplate

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone has used this tweeters ?

Fountek ribbon tweeter 3cm2 ribbon black square alumunum faceplate
NeoCD1.0MB

http://www.bmm-electronics.com/Product.asp?Product_ID=6950

I use Epos titanium dome tweeters and Alpine Silk dome tweeters.

The alpine sound really nice and easy on the ear , the Epos sound like typical metal dome tweeters do (sill high quality), i was wondering if ribbon will sound better.Most typical ribbon have very high sensitivity 95db or more (my woofers have 84 and 88db sensitivity ) , what i´m looking for is a tweeter that´s easy on the ear and not harsh.

A minha questão é que alguns acham que os ribbon são melhores outros preferem os dome , eu como gosto de ouvir musica relativamente alto necessito de tweeters que se comportem bem com o volume do amp alto_Os ribbon ainda por cima são altamente sensiveis , e isso com o volume elevado não me parece q dê bons resultados.Provavelmente é melhor ficar com o que tenho , que já não são nada maus.

Especialmente os Alpine que tem um som muito suave.

lduarte1973 said:
My question is that some think ribbon are the best others prefer the dome, as I like to listen to music relatively high tweeters that need to behave well with a high volume of the amp. Ribbons over are still highly sensitive, and that with the high volume maybe will not give good resultados. Probably is better to stay with what I have, that is not nothing bad.

Especially the Alpine that has a very soft sound.

Hi L. Duarte,
Where can we look at your speaker/s specs.
If it was me, for a new project, I would use 1- a good ribbon or/ 2- a good dome. Also it depends of the main speaker (mid/woofer). As I don't know your Alpine tweeter, to change it or to upgrade, I would go with a (very) good tweeter (or better than). And maybe you don't like resistors in the tweeter path in the case of a tweeter with high sensitivity. The xover is different as you know in both cases.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.