Tannoy Monitor Gold trapezoidal cabinet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I’ve recently bought a pair of 15” Tannoy Monitor Gold and I am going to build the cabinets for them.
I’ve read many documentation and I finally decided to build a 300 lt cabinet with four ports, each of 100mm diameter and 250mm length, starting from Peter Campbell’s project (http://www.44bx.com/tannoy/mods.html)
I would like to make a trapezoidal cabinet as showed in the top view. The cabinet should be 142 cm height (136 internal). I would opt for 3 cm thick mdf panels.
Do you think that trapezoidal design would bring any real benefit?
The cabinet should be around 300 lt, but how to calculate it exactly?
Do you have any special advise for the project?
I am going to use 2 or 3 internal horizontal bracing panels to reduce vibrations.
Thanks for your help
Simone

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 477
I heard Peter's system several years ago when he was kind enough to invite me down for a listen. The speakers were considerably better than my Tannoys in either home made corner or Arden ported enclosures.

If the woodwork is not difficult for you, why not? However I'm not sure the smallish angle you're using will make all that much difference in reducing lateral standing waves.

To calculate the cab volume, you just need to do some basic trigonometry for the base shape and multiply it by the height. Don't forget to factor in the driver volume, say 6L for a 15" and the volume of any internal braces.

HTS Enclosure Volume Calculators

Brett said:
I heard Peter's system several years ago when he was kind enough to invite me down for a listen. The speakers were considerably better than my Tannoys in either home made corner or Arden ported enclosures.

If the woodwork is not difficult for you, why not? However I'm not sure the smallish angle you're using will make all that much difference in reducing lateral standing waves.

To calculate the cab volume, you just need to do some basic trigonometry for the base shape and multiply it by the height. Don't forget to factor in the driver volume, say 6L for a 15" and the volume of any internal braces.

HTS Enclosure Volume Calculators

Hi,
which angle would you suggest?
thanks for the link. Very useful. I guess I'll need to make it bigger..

Simone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.